Search This Blog

9.1.14

Book Review: Divergent. Written by: Veronica Roth

13335037Divergent by Veronica Roth.
#of pages: 487 (Hardcover)

Publisher: Kathrine Tegen Books

Summary according to Goodreads:

In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves . . . or it might destroy her.

MY THOUGHTS: 
The main character is Tris (Beatrice) Prior. I found her to be a very strong-willed character. She isn't afraid to fight for what she wants. I found that some things she did kinda annoyed me. (The split second decisions)... I really do like her as a character, and would hang out with her if she were real.

Another character I loved so much is Four. I found him to be a character that I would love to hangout around. He's strong, tough, manly, and fights for what he wants. I love how rebellious he is, and how many tattoo's he has. He is an all around amazing character, and am excited about how Allegiant 
continues, so that I can learn more about him. 

I thought the plot was amazing. Veronica Roth never leaves you bored. This book is the Ultimate Page turner. I honestly love how she makes the sad moments and the fast paced moments go so well together. 

Two things that I didn't like so much about this book are: Tris' split second decisions, and her brother, Caleb. I just found that most, (If not all of her split second decisions led her to trouble.) And in a lot of ways, I found Caleb to be annoying. 

All in all, I thought this book was AMAZING!! You should definitely read it, (If you haven't, get out from under your rock and go read it.) I thought it was an amazing start to a series, and will become a classic.

If you are looking for an amazing Sci-Fi adventure, (and page turner), pick this book up today.

MY RATING: 5/5 stars, this book was incredible!

-Adelia

No comments:

Post a Comment